February 6, 2009

My spray equipment was not adequate for the nitrocellulose.  I went out and procured an HVLP spray gun which was more appropriate.  I still am not getting the perfect spray, but this new gun is much better than the touch up gun I was using.  I have 9 coats on, a bit mottled, but I think it’s enough and will sand out fine.  I’ll give it a good scotch brite rubbing in the morning and if the coverage looks good, I’ll let it settle until Wednesday.

I took a template of the bridge on my Taylor 12 string and mapped out the shape for the bridge and got it down to nearly perfect.  I’ll wait to get the neck on to see if the thickness needs reducing or if it’s fine as is.