October 29, 2009

Hey Carl, I’m back to working on your guitar after weeks of diverting my attention to building the spray booth.  I’m tackling the binding now, and very excited about the paua inlay for the top.  First I trimmed the curly maple binding with BWB then put in the bender to shape for the parlor body.   Next I routed out the channels on the back as it is the simple clean BWB Maple BWB setup.



After installing the binding for the back I moved to routing the top, after giving it a shellac whack, protecting it from dirt, tearout, and grain pullout after using binding tape.



I installed binding on one side and will do the other side tomorrow.  The top binding has a teflon strip installed which will be removed to give a channel for pressing in the paua.  Oooh, excited.